Exceptional & Efficient Legal Services
At Mayer Law, LLC, we understand the unique legal challenges faced by farmers, agricultural businesses, and other members of the agricultural community. We are dedicated to providing effective legal representation and solutions to our agricultural clients across Wisconsin. We take the time to listen to your needs, assess your situation, and develop tailored legal solutions that are designed to meet your specific needs.
1. Farm and Business Planning: We can assist you to establish or grow your agricultural business, including: farm business succession planning, buy-sell agreements, tax planning, and structuring your business entity. As part of our business planning services, we assist clients in the drafting and negotiation of operating agreements, partnerships agreements and shareholder agreements.
2. Real Estate: We can assist with real estate transactions, including: purchases, sales, leases and easements of agricultural real estate. We can also provide guidance on land use and zoning regulations.
3. Agribusiness Contracts and Leases: We can draft and review contracts and leases related to the purchase or sale of agricultural products, livestock, and equipment. We routinely review solar, wind and cell tower leases on behalf of our clients.
4. Estate Planning and Probate: We can assist with estate planning, including drafting wills and trusts, as well as probate and trust administration. In addition, we can help you navigate the complex rules and regulations of Medicaid and create a plan to protect your farm and assets.
5. Succession Planning: We are dedicated to helping clients navigate the complex legal and financial issues involved in transferring ownership and management of a farm or agricultural business to the next generation. Our farm succession planning services include comprehensive analysis of your current business structure, development of a customized succession plan, and assistance with implementation and ongoing management. We work closely with you and your family to develop a plan that meets your specific needs and goals, including transferring ownership of assets, minimizing taxes, preserving wealth, and ensuring a smooth transition of management.
6. Purchase or Sale of Business Interests: We are dedicated to providing comprehensive legal services to individuals and entities with the purchase and sale of business interests in farms and agribusinesses. We work closely with clients to develop strategies that meet their specific needs and goals, including protecting their financial interests, minimizing taxes, and ensuring a smooth transition of ownership.
7. Litigation and Dispute Resolution: We represent clients in disputes involving contracts, leases, land use, adverse possession and other agricultural law matters.
We understand the importance of the agricultural industry to our local communities and are committed to providing the highest quality legal services to help you achieve your goals. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help with your agricultural law needs.